Monday, March 15, 2010

I live for days like this.

Have you ever wondered what I would look like if I was a vampire from Twilight? You do not have to wonder anymore! *drum roll!*


I know, I know... I have way too much time on my hands. But it's not my fault, I swear! It's this economy - it's next to impossible to find a job... I won't get started on that right now though :)

Last week, I went to my first Boise Steelheads hockey game - WOO! I went with my roommate Tami (who just go engaged - WOO x 2!) and our Institute class. It was super fun - filled with hot dogs, passionate fans, mascots and, of course, FIGHTS. I have never seen so many fights in a single hockey game, there was literally one every five minutes after the first one erupted halfway through the second period. Highlight of my night, you ask? Getting my picture taken with BONK!



Then I decided to pose in front of... well, in front of whatever this is:


That same weekend my friend Sarah came to see me from Rexburg and we had fun... as we always do! We saw Alice in Wonderland 3D with Austin and, although it wasn't a horrible movie, we all agreed none of the characters in Wonderland were nearly crazy enough! The Queen of Hearts was wanting to be loved instead of fear, Alice was ALWAYS in complete control and the Mad Hatter... well, he wasn't mad at all! With that being said, the 3D glasses were so amazing that we had a photo-op before the movie -


Last week, Austin and I went to D&B, got all of the necessary supplies and started a garden! We planted chives, tomatoes, cilantro, strawberries and.... WILD FLOWERS - my absolute favorite. Right now they're germinating still but they're sprouting up like crazy so we'll have to transfer them to something bigger within in the next week or so. Here they are :

The wild flowers and chives.

Austin with his tomatoes and cilantro.

And the strawberries!

We named the strawberry plants all sort of odd names ranging from Mudkip to Dergie to (straw)Bree to Poorgie to Jerry. Did I mention that I am so happy my boyfriend is just as strange as me? :)

Last but certainly not least, I am still looking for curtains/curtain rods for my bedroom! Does anyone have any suggestions where I should go to find some nice yet not extremely pricey ones?


That's all I have to write about for now but I will leave you with this quote:

"Love is supreme. I saw that truly without love we are nothing. We are here to help each other, to care for each other, to understand, forgive, and serve one another. We are here to have love for every person born on Earth. Their earthly form might be black, yellow, brown, handsome, ugly, thin, fat, wealthy, poor, intelligent, or ignorant, but we are not to judge by these appearances. Each spirit has the capacity to be filled with love and eternal energy. At the beginning, each possesses some degree of light and truth that can be more fully developed. We cannot measure these things. Only God knows the heart of man, and only God can judge perfectly. He knows our spirits; we see only temporary strengths and weaknesses."





No comments:

Post a Comment